24 June 2009

Indie Girl Q&A: Zoey Bond


We wrap up our introduction of our Indie Girl Trunk Show artists with a familiar face for many of our local customers. It's Zoey Bond, who up until recently was one of THE BLISSFUL's own stellar shopgirls.

Q: What would you like to tell customers about your line, love, zoey? What plans do you have for the line down the road {i.e. expanding into other items beyond jewelry}?
A: love, zoey is the manifestation of years of thoughts, notes, journal entries, and day-dreaming about what I wanted to be when I "grew up." An amazing friend recently inspired me to try my hand at the world of jewelry design and was the perfect fit as the first step in building my long-awaited design business. I have always been inspired by all facets of design and plans are in the works over the next few seasons to broaden the love, zoey line to include some hand sewn apparel and home decor treasures. I truly thrive when I am creating.



Q: What are some words or phrases you'd use to describe the feel/mood of the pieces you're creating right now?
A: Fresh, clean, and original with bold pops of color! I aim for a combination of fun frivolity and timeless elegance. I don't want my pieces to be taken too seriously, but I do want them to be special enough that they become the wearer's "go-to" statement pieces.



Q: What or who inspires you as a designer, or, give us a peek into your creative process.
A: As you know, my husband and I recently moved [to the Cleveland area]. Our new home is situated in the most inspiring farm-like setting. Here I am surrounded by nature. We literally live within a bird sanctuary area! I see each piece I create in a very organic way. Pulling from our new farm life, every item in this season's line is representative of Summer's bounty. The chain pieces are chosen to represent plant stalks and tree trunks, and the jewels and other findings are reminiscent of the leaves, fruit, and flowers of the plant. Vegetation is so perfectly adorned, shouldn't we be as well?



Q: Word is you're doing something special for customers during the Trunk Show.
A: Right! To celebrate all that is wonderful about THE BLISSFUL and its customers--[oh, stop]--I'm having a giveaway at the Indie Girl Trunk Show. Shoppers can enter a drawing to win the pair of love, zoey earrings of their choice.



Q: Where can fans find more of your work?
A: My Etsy shop will be opening very soon, but for now my blog is the best way to see sneak peaks and insights into the latest creations in the love, zoey line. Fans can also sign up for our e-mail updates at our booth at the Indie Girl Trunk Show or by e-mailing us at lovezoeydesigns@gmail.com. They can also follow us on Twitter here.


Save the date, invite a friend, and we'll see you at Indie Girl!

No comments: